With nearly 500 million Whatsapp users' mobile phone numbers globally reportedly hacked, including over 9million contacts from Nigeria, there is a high risk of criminals using these data to carry out malicious activities, such as fraud, identity theft, etc.
Here are some safety tips to help you keep use WhatsApp Securely:
- Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- DONOT Share Authentication Codes with anyone
- DONOT Send Money to anyone before calling the person directly to confirm if they are really the ones asking
- If you suspect that a WhatsApp account has been hacked, notify the contact immediately
- Send us your reports so we can help prevent others from becoming victims